SEAI Grants – Better Energy Homes Scheme
This scheme provides SEAI grants to homeowners to upgrade their homes with energy efficiency measures, thus reducing energy use, costs and greenhouse gas emissions. Grants are as follows.
Better Energy Homes Scheme
- Roof Insulation – €200
- Wall Insulation – €800-€1800 depending on size n type of house
- Wall Insulation External – €1800-€3600 depending on size n type of house
- Boiler and Heating Controls (Oil or Gas) Ugrade – €560 this requires a rated boiler.
- Heating Controls Upgrade Only – €400
- Solar Heating or Hot Water – €800
- Building Energy Rating (BER) – €50
BOILER REPAIRS DUBLIN
FOR A QOUTE
The following should be noted
The Grant is an agreement between the homeowner and Seai. It is very important that neither a Contractor nor an Assessor applies on your behalf.
(Basicly the homeowner works with Seai on the Grant application and the installer has his own specific installation requirement from Seai that he follows.
It is a requirement of the Better Energy Homes scheme that all grant applicants have a Building Energy Rating (BER) assessment on their home after grant aided works have been completed. A published BER certificate is required for each Better Home Energy application.
Before you begin your application, please have the following information available to hand:
- Your electricity Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN)
- Installer Details.
- download application form (here) or Contact Seai yourself. Better Energy Homes scheme 1850 927 000 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- let them know all details of work being done and starting date.
- On confirmation of your application work can only then be carried out.
- On the installer finishing the work undertaken a Receipt shall be given, and a
- Building Energy Rating (BER) must be undertaken on the home after grant aided works have been completed.
- On Job completion Have a receipt from installer with BER cert and send them to Seai and then Grant payment will be released.
- Cash grants are a set value based on 30% of average cost of works. If expenditure is below this set value, only the actual expenditure will be reimbursed.
- Minimum grant application amount is €400.
- A . A homeowner is entitled to BER funding of €50 once per home.
- A SEAI registered contractor must be used to install grant.